Loyal TMT readers, I’ve done you wrong. It’s been like five days since I’ve blogged. Not for lack of effort or desire, I swear, but lack of Internet access and time. My girlfriend and I made it home on Saturday after 1,700 miles and 26 hours on the road. We’ll spend the next few days visiting family and friends before moving to Minneapolis on Friday.
Over the past six months, I spent a lot of time bemoaning my life in Portland. That provided ample material for my blog, and I seem to be at my best as a writer when I’m miserable. The past few days have been filled with so many awesome moments, getting the iPhone 4 is lucky to crack the Top 10. The highlights are these, in order of awesomeness:
- Seeing my famly for the first time since Christmas.
- Moving away from Portland.
- Getting a proper farewell from Portland friends and co-workers.
- Driving by Crazy Woman Creek in Wyoming.
- Surviving two near-death experiences involving airborne fireworks.
- Savoring the new Subway chicken salad sandwich.
- Getting freaked out by the big prairie sky and then getting used to it again.
- Not getting into a major accident and losing all of our possessions and/or our lives.
- Peeling off last weekend’s sunburn, little by litt.e
- Getting the iPhone 4 at the only Wal-Mart in Portland, where even the most provincial early adopters refuse to shop.
A week from today, I start my internship at Fast Horse Inc. in Minneapolis. In the meantime, I intend on eating good food, playing bad golf, seeing old friends and getting used to a new place. Home used to be defined as the house at 6808 Hathaway Lane, Sioux Falls, S.D. Now, it’s a whole damn region. You’re looking good, Midwest. I swear I’ll never leave you again.
So, forgive me, loyal TMT reader, for my lameassness and irregular updates. I should be able to start posting on the daily again starting next Monday. Until then, I’ve got to find some new material. I’ve got to find some new things to whine about, and it’s hard when you’re so happy.